Associate Professor Qiao-Xin Li
Associate Professor Qiao-Xin Li, is a Principal Research Fellow at The Florey. She manages the National Dementia Diagnostics Laboratory (NDDL). The NDDL is currently only one in Australia with NATA accredited test laboratory to perform the diagnostic test for Alzheimer’s disease (Amyloid1-42, tau and phospho-tau) in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and in blood in near future. The NDDL offers its diagnostic services to the medical community, scientific researchers, and pharmaceutical industry.
Qiao-Xin is a team leader of the Comorbidities Team within the Neurodegeneration and Neuropathology Group. She has established her research in the biomarker field for Alzheimer’s Disease and Neurodegenerative Diseases and she is recognised as a national and international expert. She is a core member of the AIBL biomarker team since its inception in 2007. Over the years she has authored 155 original peer-review journal publications, including high impact journals, as well as book chapters and reviews. Her work has been highly cited, h-index 66.
- Team leader of Comorbidities Team/National Dementia Diagnostics Laboratory
- Topic associate Editor– Frontiers in Neurology: Research Topic Human Brain Banking – Bridging Brain Health and Precision Neurology
- Associate Editor – Journal of Alzheimer’s disease
- Invitations to speak at the Australia Research Dementia Forum (2023), BioIron 2023 Conference; Rapid Fire Presentation at Australia Research Dementia Forum 2022; Australian Niemann-Pick Disease conference 2021
- Media outreach includes the Podcast: Explore biomarker testing for Alzheimer’s disease
Awards and achievements
- 2010 – Motor Neuron Disease of Victoria Nina Buscombe Award
- 2002 – Bethlehem Griffiths Research Foundation Award
- 1998 – Travel fellowship to attend the Sixth International Conference on Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders at Amsterdam