A prospective multicentre trial to determine whether etanercept is effective in helping relieve some symptoms of stroke
The PESTO trial is looking at whether or not a drug called etanercept, which is commonly used to treat other illnesses, is effective in helping relieve some symptoms of stroke.
- Have you had a stroke (any type) between 1 and 5 years ago?
- Were you between the age of 18 and 65 at the time of your stroke?
- Do you still have a moderate to severe disability following your stroke?
If yes to the questions above, you may be eligible to be part of the PESTO trial.
If you are eligible for the study and would like to participate, you will undergo some baseline assessments and receive an injection of etanercept or a placebo injection.
- You will then visit the clinic at the hospital for follow-up assessments after 28 days.
- You will have another injection at this visit and then return to the clinic after 56 days.
- You will be asked to complete a series of questionnaires at each visit.
Apply to take part in this project
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magn
If you are interested in learning more about the study please contact: [email protected] or register your interest by completing the online form.