Dr Christopher Tailby
Dr Tailby leads the Cognition Group within the Epilepsy Imaging Division at The Florey.
His research centers on cognition in epilepsies, utilising a combination of neuropsychological research techniques and advanced imaging methods. He aims to create innovative approaches for assessing cognitive dysfunction in epilepsies and to devise functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) tools for presurgical assessment of focal epilepsy patients.
- Head, Cognition Group, Epilepsy Imaging Division, The Florey
- Senior Clinical Neuropsychologist, Austin Health
- External reviewer for the NHMRC
- Manuscript reviewer for various journals, including Brain, Human Brain Mapping and the Journal of Neuroscience
- Awarded NHMRC Project Grant (CIC – New Investigator) for $1.4M to investigate the utility of advanced fMRI methods in identifying the seizure focus in otherwise difficult-to-localise focal epilepsies