Dr Carolina Chavez
BSc (Hons), PhD
Dr Carolina Chavez earned her PhD in Pharmacology from Monash University in 2009. Following her PhD, Carolina undertook two post-docs where she focused on cardiovascular disease and mental health at the Department of Pharmacology, Melbourne University and the Department of Nursing at the Australian Catholic University.
Carolina joined The Florey in 2016 as Microscopy Support Officer and gained experience in imaging under the guidance of Dr Verena Wimmer. In 2019 she was appointed as Manager of the Microscopy Facility and has helped to expand the imaging approaches available at the institute. In the Microscopy Facility, Carolina provides support and guidance to researchers and students with imaging and analysis.
- Microscopy Facility Manager, The Florey
- Secretary and existing member, The Florey’s Equalitty in Science Committee (EQiS)
Awards and achievements
- 2022 – AU-NZ Microscopy Knowledge Exchange
- 2012 – Australian Catholic University Faculty Research Grant
- 2008 – Australian Neuroscience Society Travel Award
- 2007 – Monash University Travel Grant
- 2006 – Australian Postgraduate Award