Friends of The Florey receive Queen’s Birthday honours
A number of friends of The Florey has this year received Queen’s birthday honours for outstanding contributions to their community.
The Florey offers our congratulations to:
- Ms Naomi Milgrom AO AC, recognised for her eminent service to the community through philanthropic leadership and support for the promotion of the arts, architecture, design excellence and cultural exchange, and to business.
- Emeritus Professor Perry Bartlett AO, recognised for his distinguished service to neuroscience research and to people living with dementia, motor neurone disease, and spinal cord injury.
- Professor Marcello Costa AO, recognised for distinguished service to higher education, and to medical research, in the field of neurophysiology, and to professional scientific bodies.
- Professor Ian Harper AO, recognised for distinguished service to education in the field of economics and to public and monetary policy development and reform.
- Professor Ingrid Winship AO, recognised for distinguished service to medicine, particularly to clinical genetics and research, to cancer prevention, and as a role model and mentor.
- Mr Philip Munz AM, recognised for significant service to the community through philanthropic initiatives to medical research and to business.
- The late Dr Ian Davis OAM, recognised for service to people living with Motor Neurone Disease and to medicine.